The Smart Gateways Smart Meter WiFi gateway allows you to connect a smart meter via WiFi to Home Assistant (including the new energy dashboard), Domoticz, Homey, DSMR-Reader and countless home automation solutions!
Suitable for smart meters in multiple countries
With native support for Smart Meters from:
- The Netherlands
- Finland and
See our compatibility list for supported meters.
Click here for the detailed description
Click here for frequently asked questions
- Easy to configure via a configuration portal
- Provides support for all types of smart meters
- Gas and Watermeter (fluvius) readings are also available if connected to your smart meter
- Advanced Energy Dashboard for Home Assistant, exclusively for Smart Gateways users! Including the default Home Assistant Energy Dashboard.
- Can be powered by the P1 port of the smart meter (see the compatibility list)
- Works only on 2.4 Ghz wifi
- Including P1 connection cable of +/- 50cm to connect to the smart meter (6 pin RJ12 connector on both sides)
- Future-proof due to regular free firmware updates
- Based on the powerful Dual-Core Tensilica Xtensa LX6 microprocessor with a clock speed of 240Mhz with 4MB of working memory
- leaves the inferior ESP8266 and ESP12-based solutions far behind, enabling it to handle multiple heavy-duty tasks simultaneously
- Telnet support (up to 5 simultaneous sessions)
- MQTT support with adjustable prefix and interval. Including secure MQTT over TLS
- API Web page
- Static IP address assignment and DHCP support
- Can be paired simultaneously with Home Assistant, Domoticz, Homey, DSMR reader and OpenHAB allowing these products to be used side by side.
- Works without internet connection
The meter type can be easily changed through the gateway’s firmware menu. The gateway comes standard with the Dutch DSMR4+5 firmware. After installation, the appropriate meter can be selected via the gateway’s firmware menu. The gateway then automatically installs the appropriate firmware. Thus, if a new meter is installed, the firmware can easily be changed.
Comes with step by step instructions so that installation is possible within 5 minutes. More information including detailed instructions on our Support Page.